|Michael Brent Manley|
Monday, July 29, 2013
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Passport to Fishing is a
Passport to Fishing was developed by the
By becoming a certified instructor, attendees
To register for the workshop, call Chelsea no later than August, at (740) 589-9942. For additional class information, visit www.wildohio.com.
Monday, July 22, 2013
|State Sen. Bob Peterson|
COLUMBUS — Republican State Sen. Bob Peterson (R- Sabina) will hold open office hours for residents of the 17th Senate District, Thursday, July 25.
Peterson represents the 17th Ohio Senate District, which includes the western portion of Vinton County and all of Jackson, Gallia, Ross, Fayette, Highland, Pike and portions of Lawrence and Pickaway counties.
According to Peterson’s office, no appointment is necessary and either Peterson or a member of his staff will be available at the following locations:
Pike County Commissioner’s Office
12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
230 Waverly Plaza, Waverly
Ross County Northside Branch Public Library
*Includes Representative Gary Scherer R–Circleville*
2 -3 p.m.
550 Buckeye St., Chillicothe
Pickaway County Public Library
*Includes Representative Gary Scherer*
4 – 5 p.m.
1160 N. Court St. Circleville
For information visit www.OhioSenate.gov/Peterson.
Friday, July 19, 2013
In a poignant moment of personal reflection, Obama compared his own experience as a young black man. “When Trayvon Martin was first shot, I said that this could have been my son…another way of saying that is Trayvon Martin could have been me, 35 years ago."
The President’s remarks came as the White House press corps gathered for the daily briefing with Press Secretary Jay Carney.
“Once again I send my thoughts and prayers to the family for Trayvon Martin and remark on the incredible grace and dignity with which they've dealt with the entire situation can only imagine what they're going through its remarkable how they've handled it,” Obama said.
Thursday, July 18, 2013
Another Pennsylvania Wastewater Treatment Plant Accused of Illegally Disposing Radioactive Fracking Waste
A Pennsylvania industrial wastewater treatment plant has been illegally accepting oil and gas wastewater and polluting the Allegheny river with radioactive waste and other pollutants, according to an environmental group which announced today that it…
Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Monday, July 15, 2013
Saturday, July 13, 2013
|George Zimmerman in 2012|
Friday, July 12, 2013
|Courtesy of ODNR|
- Common area renovated and new furnishings installed;
- Updated meeting rooms;
- New energy-efficient HVAC systems installed in all lodge rooms and some cottages;
- Lodge restaurant was remodeled with traditional and bar-style seating areas;
- Fitness room was created;
- Miniature golf course and children’s playground were added;
- Swimming pool area and circulation system renovated;
- Tennis and basketball courts resurfaced;
- Enhanced signage on the trails;
- New phone system and improved WiFi throughout the facility;
- Courtesy docks added for customers arriving by boat.
- New shelter house for lodge guests to be completed this fall
- Disc golf course scheduled to open this fall
- Sand volleyball area
- Public bonfire ring
- Relaxation deck